Pernod Ricard presents its Conviviality Platform
Pernod Ricard presents its Conviviality Platform
Today, Pernod Ricard is hosting its Capital Markets Day in Paris. Alexandre Ricard, Chairman and CEO along with members of both the executive committee and leadership teams in key markets will demonstrate how Pernod Ricard is implementing its Conviviality Platform, as the next step in its Transform and Accelerate FY23 to FY25 strategic plan.
Alexandre Ricard stated:
“In today's world and for many companies, the end goal is to leverage data. For us, at Pernod Ricard, the end goal is to spread convivialité… by leveraging data.”
The Conviviality Platform is about leveraging the power of data, our portfolio of brands and our distribution network to further stretch Pernod Ricard’s profitable and sustainable growth, with the following mid-term ambition:
- +4 to +7% annual topline growth framework aiming for the upper end of the range
- Stretching our topline growth with the Conviviality Platform
- Building on our key competitive advantages, leveraging our broad-based portfolio and balanced geographical footprint
- Focus on pricing, further enhanced by our proprietary predictive digital tools
- Continuous improvement in operational efficiency, building on our culture of excellence
- Significant A&P investment, maintained at c.16% of Sales, with higher return on investments leveraging Key Digital Programs
- Discipline on Structure costs, investing in priorities while maintaining an agile organisation, aiming at increase below topline growth
- Operating leverage of c.50-60 bps pa, provided topline within +4 to +7% range
- Confirmed financial policy priorities
The event will be live-streamed and the webcast will be accessible here: https://edge.media-server.com/mmc/p/fchhrvg5
All growth data specified in this press release refers to organic growth, unless otherwise stated. Data may be subject to rounding.
Definitions and reconciliation of non-IFRS measures to IFRS measures
Pernod Ricard’s management process is based on the following non-IFRS measures which are chosen for planning and reporting. The Group’s management believes these measures provide valuable additional information for users of the financial statements in understanding the Group’s performance. These non-IFRS measures should be considered as complementary to the comparable IFRS measures and reported movements therein.
- Organic growth is calculated after excluding the impacts of exchange rate movements, acquisitions and disposals and changes in applicable accounting principles.
- Exchange rates impact is calculated by translating the current year results at the prior year’s exchange rates.
- For acquisitions in the current year, the post-acquisition results are excluded from the organic movement calculations. For acquisitions in the prior year, post-acquisition results are included in the prior year but are included in the organic movement calculation from the anniversary of the acquisition date in the current year.
- Where a business, brand, brand distribution right or agency agreement was disposed of, or terminated, in the prior year, the Group, in the organic movement calculations, excludes the results for that business from the prior year. For disposals or terminations in the current year, the Group excludes the results for that business from the prior year from the date of the disposal or termination.
- This measure enables to focus on the performance of the business which is common to both years and which represents those measures that local managers are most directly able to influence.
Profit from recurring operations
Profit from recurring operations corresponds to the operating profit excluding other non-current operating income and expenses.
On the same topic
Invitation - Third Quarter FY22 Sales
Thursday 28 April 2022
Hélène de Tissot, Group Finance, IT & Operations Director, and Florence Tresarrieu, Global SVP Investor Relations & Treasury, will present Pernod Ricard’s third quarter FY22 Sales during a webcast to be held on Thursday 28th April at 9:00am (Paris time).
Invitation - North America Webcast
Tuesday 10th May 2022 3:00pm (Paris time)
Ann Mukherjee, Chairwoman and Chief Executive Officer of Pernod Ricard North America and Edward Mayle, Director of Investor Relations, have the pleasure to invite you to a Q&A session on the Pernod Ricard North America business.
The event will be held on Tuesday 10th May at 3:00pm (Paris time). A webcast (filmed presentation) will be available on our website in the morning at 7:30am (Paris time).
Pernod Ricard launches the second edition of its global employee share ownership plan
80% of the Group's employees are now eligible and thus closely associated with Pernod Ricard's growth
About pernod ricard
Pernod Ricard is the world’s No 2 in wines and spirits with consolidated sales of €8,824 million in FY 2021. Created in 1975 by the merger of Ricard and Pernod, the Group has undergone sustained development, based on both organic growth and acquisitions: Seagram (2001), Allied Domecq (2005) and Vin&Sprit (2008).
Pernod Ricard, which owns 16 of the Top 100 Spirits Brands, holds one of the most prestigious and comprehensive brand portfolios in the industry, including: Absolut Vodka, Ricard pastis, Ballantine’s, Chivas Regal, Royal Salute, and The Glenlivet Scotch whiskies, Jameson Irish whiskey, Martell cognac, Havana Club rum, Beefeater gin, Malibu liqueur, Mumm and Perrier-Jouët champagnes, as well Jacob’s Creek, Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo, and Kenwood wines.
Pernod Ricard’s brands are distributed across 160+ markets and by its own salesforce in 73 markets. The Group’s decentralised organisation empowers its 18,500 employees to be true on-the-ground ambassadors of its vision of “Créateurs de Convivialité.” As reaffirmed by the Group’s strategic plan, “Transform and Accelerate,” deployed in 2018, Pernod Ricard’s strategy focuses on investing in long-term, profitable growth for all stakeholders.
The Group remains true to its three founding values: entrepreneurial spirit, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics, as illustrated by the 2030 Sustainability and Responsibility roadmap supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), “Good times from a good place.” In recognition of Pernod Ricard’s strong commitment to sustainable development and responsible consumption, it has received a Gold rating from Ecovadis. Pernod Ricard is also a United Nations’ Global Compact LEAD company. Pernod Ricard is listed on Euronext (Ticker: RI; ISIN Code: FR0000120693) and is part of the CAC 40 and Eurostoxx 50 indices.