1. What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files or pieces of information that are stored on your computer or mobile device (such as a smartphone or tablet) when you visit our Digital Media. A cookie will usually contain the name of the website/application from which the cookie has come from, the duration of the cookie (i.e. how long the cookie will remain on your device), and a value, which is usually a randomly generated unique number.
Cookies can do this because our Digital Media can read and write these files, enabling them to recognise you and remember important information that will make your use of our Digital Media more convenient (for example by remembering preference settings).
3. What are the different types of cookies we use?
The types of cookies that we may use can be either session or persistent, or first party or third party cookies.
- Persistent cookies are used to save your login information and remember your settings for future logins to our Digital Media. A persistent cookie is a cookie stored as a file on your computer, and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the Digital Media that created it when you visit it again.
- Session ID cookies are used to enable certain features of our Digital Media and services, to better understand how you interact with our Digital Media and to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing. Unlike persistent cookies, session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser. They usually store an anonymous session identifier on your computer allowing you to browse a website / application (for example) without having to log in to each page.
- First party cookies are our own cookies, which we use to improve your experience. No third party has access to the information we collect through our own cookies.
- Third party cookies are cookies placed on our Digital Media by third parties to provide their services, including advertising cookies. They set cookies (third party cookies) on your device on our behalf when you visit our Digital Media to allow them to deliver the services they are providing. You will find more information about these cookies in their privacy policies.
a. Essential Cookies
Essential cookies are first party cookies which are strictly necessary for our Digital Media to work and to use its services and features. Without these cookies, our Digital Media will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like it to and we may not be able to provide the Digital Media or certain services or features thereof you request.
We also use technical cookies which allow our Digital Media to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) for customisation and personalisation purposes. These cookies do not gather any information about you that will be used for advertising purposes or to remember your browsing history on the internet.
|Who is placing the cookie ?||Type||Description/purpose|
|Pernod Ricard||Persistent cookie||
Visibility Cookies: Pernod Ricard installs a cookie on your computer which
|Pernod Ricard||Persistent cookie||Device Identifier Cookie: Pernod Ricard installs a cookie on your computer
which identifies you and tells the Website/application that you are logged in.
|Pernod Ricard||Persistent cookie||User Local Cookie: Pernod Ricard installs a cookie which is used to
remember local specific selections made by you such as language preferences.
|Evidon||Persistent cookie||Evidon: Related to the cookie banner.|
These cookies are necessary to the operation of our Digital Media, are considered as non-privacy intrusive cookies improving internet experience and therefore they do not necessitate consent and you cannot opt-in or opt-out to their use.
b. Analytics Cookies
Our Digital Media may also use Google Analytics cookies. These third party cookies collect information about how you use and move around our Digital Media. For example, these will keep track of what pages are most visited, Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyse trends, to administer the Digital Media, to track users’ movements around our Digital Media and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
Our Digital Media use the following analytical cookies:
|Who is placing the cookie ?||Type||Description/purpose|
Google Analytics: The cookies Google Analytics work
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics cookies on all the websites you visit, go to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
To opt-in or opt-out of being tracked only on this Website, use the Cookie Set Up Tool at the bottom right of your screen.
4. How long are cookies stored?
Cookies will have a maximum retention period after being placed on the user's terminal as required by applicable law. The information collected through audience measurement cookies will only be retained for a maximum period of 25 months.
5. How to control cookies on Digital Media
Except for cookies which qualify as essential, the cookies described above will be installed on your computer only if you expressly consent to them.
In order to make your own choice, please use the link to the Cookie Set Up Tool at the bottom right of your screen to consent/turn on or off non-essential cookies on our Digital Media, by clicking the relevant button as it will appear on the menu as follows:
Please note that depending on the cookies you turn on or disable , you may not be able to login to your account, view content or use other features of our Digital Media and may find that parts of our Digital Media either do not function at all or behave unexpectedly.
If you use different devices to view and access our Digital Media (e.g. your computer, smartphone, tablet etc.) you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.