Inclusion is at the heart of conviviality
At Pernod Ricard, we view diversity and inclusion as sources of strength and enrichment for our teams, our business and society.
We strive to foster a safe, fair and inclusive workplace culture that values everyone within the organisation and across our entire value chain for who they truly are.
It’s a culture that celebrates different experiences and unique perspectives, uniting them to drive our collective success.
A global D&I framework
Our Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Framework allows our teams around the world to pursue a common goal with global objectives. At the same time, it provides the necessary flexibility to respect local contexts and employee needs.
This Framework represents our commitment to fully incorporate D&I into our organisational values and practices, including our HR and talent processes. It’s an approach that, for example, has resulted in significant progress in achieving gender balance in our top management.
D&I global objectives:
Diversity - Gender balance: reach at least 40% representation of each gender within our top management by 2030
Equity - Continuously ensure gender pay equity
Recent key initiatives:
- Incorporated an Inclusion Index into "I Say", our annual employee feedback survey, to continuously track how our D&I efforts are resonating with you
- Launched a D&I Maturity Self-Assessment to challenge our own D&I practices and ensure our action plans focus on what matters most to you
- Established a D&I Council with senior leaders to drive momentum and ongoing progress
We see D&I as more than just a corporate responsibility; it’s a strategic business priority and a key way in which we recruit and grow a diverse global talent pipeline and prepare our next generation of leaders.
To do so, we foster equal opportunities to ensure successful and rewarding careers for you and every Pernod Ricard employee. Our talent development and management processes are designed to be fair, objective, consistent and equitable through every step of your employment, from recruitment to development plan to career development.
Pernod Ricard was recognised in the 2023 Forbes World’s Best Employers list as one of the world’s best employers and places to work.
At Pernod Ricard, we represent 126 nationalities across 75 countries. Diverse yet united, we are open to the world and know that together we can make great things happen. We proudly reflect the diversity of our society and customers – and see this as essential to the way we unlock human connection.
How do we drive inclusion at Pernod Ricard?
- Authenticity is part of our DNA: we view diversity as a strength and aim to empower our employees to embrace and express their uniqueness. Every day, our goal is foster an environment where everyone feels respected, heard, and valued – where you can be your true self at work, thrive in your role and contribute to Pernod Ricard’s success.
- Leadership Behaviours: To help drive inclusive behaviours across the organisation, D&I is embedded in the Group's Leadership Attributes, which provide clear guidance for everyone at Pernod Ricard on the appropriate behaviours and work practices to anchor the inclusive workplace culture we aim to cultivate.
- Employee Resource Groups: ERGs help to foster an inclusive workplace culture and a sense of belonging. Each with their own area of focus, the groups function as cultural advocates, allies, ambassadors, and partners. They share experiences, progress understanding and celebrate cultural moments.
Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
Led by and for our employees around the world, ERGs are open forums that help foster an inclusive workplace and welcome you and each member of our team to share experiences, break stereotypes and celebrate differences.
- Raising awareness on LGBTQIA+ subjects and supporting inclusion: PRISM (Pernod Ricard North America), PRIDE (Chile), Fluid (UK), PR-ide (France), True Colours (The Absolut Group), PRIDE (Pernod Ricard Winemakers)
- Supporting the integration of international communities: Expats in France (France), Se habla espagnol (France), PaRa Amigos (North America)
- Supporting women and allies: Libra (UK), Womxn (North America), Women in Tech (global)
Female representation at board level
Female representation in the executive committee
Female representation at top management level
Progress around the world
Using our D&I Framework as our guide, we have made important strides in our diversity and inclusion journey. We focus not only on a global scale but also pay attention to local needs and differences. Some of our recent highlights:
To ensure pay equity through long-term systematic compensation reviews, an annual audit is conducted in more than 70 countries to identify the behavioural drivers and root causes of gender pay gaps.
In response to the findings, all affiliates have been progressively implementing initiatives. Thanks to this, there has been significant improvement in recent years with the current gender pay gap around 1%.
In North America, we accurately reflect and represent our consumers by making sure that our agency partners meet DEI requirements.
In India, we support the professional growth and development of women returning to work after a career break in its ‘Back To Spirit’ campaign.
In Sub-Saharan Africa, our teams help shift the culture towards greater inclusivity by creating a work environment where women feel more empowered and have the right tools to grow and become strong leaders.
In Sweden, our teams at The Absolut Group encourage inclusive leadership with trainings and workshops that build awareness of unconscious bias and encourage behaviours aligned with our D&I Ambition, Values and Leadership Attributes.
In Australia and New Zealand, we focus on flexible working and parental leave to encourage shared responsibilities across families, including on male adoption. We’ve seen a 25% increase in male employees taking parental leave in the last two years.
In France, our teams partner with The Mozaik Foundation, who work towards economic inclusion through access to employment for young candidates from underprivileged neighbourhoods. We also developed a manager training programme to focus on inclusive leadership and reduced bias in recruiting.
Held in our Asia headquarters, the #IAmRemarkable workshop celebrates the remarkable achievements of women and underrepresented groups.