1970s – 1990s
- 1975: Creation of Pernod Ricard from the merger of two French anise-based spirits companies: Pernod, founded in 1805, and Ricard, created in 1932 by Paul Ricard.
- 1988: Acquisition of leading Irish whiskey producer Irish Distillers – owner of Jameson.
- 1989: Acquisition of Orlando Wyndham, makers of Jacob’s Creek
- 1993: Creation of joint venture between Pernod Ricard and the Cuban rum company, Cuba Ron to market and sell Havana Club.
- 1998: Creation of the Pernod Ricard Corporate Foundation dedicated to the promotion of French Contemporary art and delivering the Prix Ricard
- 2001: Acquisition of Seagram, securing key positions in whisky (Chivas Regal, The Glenlivet, Royal Salute) and cognac (Martell) categories
- 2005: Pernod Ricard becomes world #2 wine and spirits organisation with the acquisition of Allied Domecq and brands such as Mumm, Perrier-Jouët, Ballantine's, Malibu and Beefeater
- 2007: Became the first global wine and spirits group to introduce the pregnancy warning label to all products throughout Europe
- 2008: Acquisition of Vin & Sprit – owner of Absolut Vodka
- 2009: Pernod Ricard decides to make "créateurs de convivialité" its new corporate signature
2011: Launch of Responsib’ALL Day, Pernod Ricard’s annual social engagement volunteer event involving the Group’s entire workforce.
Upgrade of Group’s credit rating to investment grade.
2016: Acquisition of majority stake in Black Forest Distillers GmbH – owner of the super premium gin, Monkey 47.
Signing of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
The Institut Océanographique Paul Ricard celebrates its 50th anniversary.
2017: Acquisition of majority stake in high-end bourbon producer Smooth Ambler and in Del Maguey Single Village, the #1 mezcal in the United States.
2018: Launch of Transform & Accelerate, Pernod Ricard’s strategic plan
- Nomination of Pernod Ricard as a member company of Global Compact Lead
- Adhesion to the New Plastics Economy led by the Ellen MacArthur Foundation
2019: Launch of new 2030 Sustainability & Responsibility roadmap ‘Good Times from a Good Place’
- Acquisition of the super-premium gin, Malfy.
- Acquisition of a majority stake in super-premium bourbon Rabbit Hole Whiskey
- Acquisition of Castle Brands (Jefferson's), expanding our bourbon and whiskey portfolio
- Acquisition of Firestone & Robertson Distilling Co., owner of the super-premium Texan whiskey TX
- Breaking ground for the first single malt distillery in continental China at Emeishan (Sichuan)
2020 - present
- 2020: Inauguration of The Island, the Group’s new flagship in Paris, which brings together all its Parisian offices and 900 employees
- Announcement of our commitment to ban all single-use plastic at the point of sale, by 2021
- Drinks & Co flagship retail stores open in Shanghai (September 22) and Paris (December 5)
- 2021: Age-restriction labelling to be introduced to all bottles produced by our brands worldwide, three years ahead of schedule