7th edition of Pernod Ricard’s Responsib’All Day: 103 projects all over the world to “live together, better”
7th edition of Pernod Ricard’s Responsib’All Day:
103 projects all over the world to “live together, better”
More than fifty years ago, Paul Ricard founded the Oceanographic Institute, making social responsibility a priority for Pernod Ricard. Since 2011, Pernod Ricard has only strengthened the meaning and amplitude of its commitments, embodied by the “Responsib’All Day”, its annual event. On June 1st, the Group will hold its 7th consecutive edition with its 18 500 employees spending a day away from their daily tasks to support their local communities: from Paris through New York to Sydney, Pernod Ricard’s 87 affiliates will engage or launch 103 projects.
For Pernod Ricard, success can be sustainable only if it’s shared and benefits surrounding communities. This approach is supported by a culture “the art of sharing”, openness to others, which is translated into the Group’s corporate signature, “Créateurs de Convivialité”. Pernod Ricard’s 18 500 employees are the first ambassadors of these commitments. Tomorrow, they will be in the field to bring those 103 initiatives to life to support their surrounding local communities, one of 4 the pillars of our S&R model. One objective: make the motto “Let’s live together, better” a reality.
Alexandre Ricard, Chairman & CEO of Pernod Ricard, said, “I’m proud of our 18 500 employees every day, but even more on Responsib’All Day when they take a full day to give back to their local communities. Founders of all of our brands were pillars of their communities, and it’s a beautiful homage to see that 200, 300 years on, we still commit to contributing to our environment and helping the people around us. Convivialité is all about sharing and living together better: there is no sustainable success if it does not benefit everybody.”
Here are just a few of those initiatives:
- Build 80 beehives in Paris, contributing to increase the city’s honey production by 5 to 10% in the next 3 years, thus preserving its biodiversity. As a treat, the 400 employees from Pernod Ricard HQ & EMEA will enjoy a honey bar after their hard work
- Help restore a residential complex for adults with intellectual and physical disabilities in Dublin to make the site more accessible, including raised beds so the residents can learn to grow vegetables with Irish Distillers’ workforce
- Conduct clean-up and restoration of areas affected by the 2016 earthquake around Pernod Ricard Winemakers’ production sites and vineyards in New Zealand
- Raise awareness about responsible water consumption in Maputo through a ecologic walk, with Pernod Ricard Mozambique, the Group’s newest affiliate, donating €14 for every employee’s 100 steps to build water wells
- And many more other initiatives around the world https://rd17.pernod-ricard.com/
According to the internal commitment survey of its 18,500 employees, conducted by the independent firm Towers Watson, 95% of Pernod Ricard employees feel proud to be associated with their company and 93% said they fully support the Group’s values. 90% consider that their company is a socially responsible actor of its community.
Pernod Ricard’s Responsible Day key figures:
- 7 editions
- 18 500 committed employees
- 87 affiliates involved
- 103 initiatives with 100 communities benefiting from Pernod Ricard’s support across the world
- 150 000 hours dedicated worldwide to promoting our S&R commitments on Responsib’All Day in 2017, +1 million hours since the first edition
Watch the Responsib’All Day 2017 teaser: