Pernod Ricard receives the 2017 Randstad Award for “Most Attractive French Company for People Aged 18-24”
Pernod Ricard receives the 2017 Randstad Award for
“Most Attractive French Company for People Aged 18-24”
Pernod Ricard, the world’s second largest wine and spirits company, is tonight proud to have received the award for the Most Attractive French Company for Young People Aged 18-24 at the eighth Randstad Awards Ceremony. This award recognises the results of the “Employer Brand Research powered by Randstad” survey conducted by Kantar TNS. It also echoes Glassdor’s international survey, conducted on feedback from employees, which ranked Pernod Ricard amongst the companies offering the best work/life balance in France.
Upon accepting the award, Cédric Ramat, Pernod Ricard’s Director of Human Resources and Sustainability & Responsibility, expressed the Group’s pride at receiving this honour, saying, “Beyond powerful international brands and measures popular with that target, like international mobility of work/life balance, I think this award recognizes above all a culture. 94%* of our employees are proud to work at Pernod Ricard, as the Group has made entrepreneurial spirit, mutual trust and a strong sense of ethics its core values and convivialité its vision. Direct relationships, flat hierarchy and promoting individual initiatives teamed with a strong collaborative spirit sum up the Pernod Ricard mindset”.
The annual Randstad survey was conducted in France by Kantar TNS with a representative panel of 955 young people aged between 18 and 24, of whom 41% were students and 27% were working. They rated the attractiveness of 250 selected companies using approximately 10 criteria such as pay, career progression, job security, training, financial health, working atmosphere, etc. Pernod Ricard distinguished itself thanks to its genuine opportunities of international mobility and development programs. To attract young talents to Pernod Ricard teams also means getting closer to consumers, adapting more rapidly to a volatile context and have them being spearheads for strategic battlefields like innovation and digital acceleration.
This philosophy is of course supported by a series of concrete measures that this award recognises:
- Youth Action Council (YAC). Created in 2014, this think tank is made up of nine employees under the age of 30 representing the nine key positions within Pernod Ricard. The YAC helps the voices of young adults be heard clearly by top management and helps them give their generation’s view of the strategic challenges facing the Group. In this way it promotes the creation of value within the Group, while acting as a bridge between the generations.
- Graduate Programs. International programs implemented by Jameson, Chivas, Martell Mumm Perrier-Jouët, Pernod Ricard Winemakers or Pernod Ricard Asia and our VIE program have led to the recruitment and training of more than 700 young graduates since their launch. Since September 2016, a discussion platform implemented with PathMotion, enables applicants to interact directly with the graduate ambassadors on topics concerning the programs, the application process, their roles, the company culture etc.
- Promoting transversality. To offer a global strategic vision to every employee, Pernod Ricard applies the « 80/20 » rule: 80% of working time is dedicated to projects incumbent to employees’ functions and 20% is spent on Group projects. This flexible organization allows employees to broaden their areas of expertise.
- Facilitating work/life balance. Pernod Ricard offers its employees the possibility to work from home punctually or frequently in its different affiliates, assistance with child care, company concierge, etc.
- Investing in training. Through Pernod Ricard University, the Group invests in developing its employees’ skills and expertise with training programs distilling the Pernod Ricard mindset and culture. Several MOOCs are also available to the entire workforce to sharpen their digital culture or knowledge of the wine and spirits industry.
Pernod Ricard’s key figures :
- 85 nationalities
- 94% of workforce proud to be associated with the Group*
- 1/3 of employees under 35
- 233 employees have changed position internationally in 2016
- 94% engagement rate to the Group’s values*
*Results from I Say survey, led by Towers Watson in 2015 with the Group’s 18 500 employees